Best Foundations For Dry Skin
If you have excessively dry skin applying foundation can be such a hassle. From the awful caking, to scary flaking, fine lines, and dry patches! 😷 If you’re using the wrong foundation, all of these skin issues can flare up and cause you an even bigger issue than just dry skin!
I've found, tested, and listed some of the best foundations to suit your dry skin. And I don't mean just "cover it enough to make it look ok", I mean, foundations that will actually make your skin look like flawless, glowing, beautiful, non-flaking, SKIN!
So let's take a look at my findings:
This has been my everyday foundation for about half a year now. I cannot say enough good things about this foundation! It's lightweight, creamy, blends amazingly, lasts up to 24 hours, has light-to-medium buildable coverage, and hydrates your dry skin to give it a beautiful glow!
2. MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation - $28.00 MAC’s Face & Body foundation is the most recommended formula by most professional MUAs because it provides a long-lasting, moisturizing, sheer buildable coverage with a satin finish. It goes on smoothly and blends flawlessly. Once it's on, it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything!
This is an oil-free foundation with sheer to medium buildable coverage. It's weightless and glides on seamlessly and leaves an airbrushed look with a silky texture. It's designed for all skin types and will leave your parched skin with a hydrated, glow!
4. Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin - $12.99 One of the best and most cost-effective dry skin foundations that was made specifically for dry skins on a budget! It is made with the innovative SoftFlex comfort technology that ensures buildable coverage without causing any sort of dullness or nasty caking.
5. Benefit Hello Flawless! Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation - $36.00 If your skin is dry and has a tendency to also get greasy during the day, you need to bid good riddance to your foundations and embrace this new oil-free formula by Benefit! It features Benefit's exclusive Oxygen Wow Hydrating Complex, which gives you a plumped up look, protects against environment stresses, and has vitamins to support anti aging. It has light-to-medium coverage and gives you a natural-looking, radiant complexion.
6. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - $39.00 If the dryness spells are getting terribly out of hand, try covering up them with this nutrient-rich formula that provides buildable coverage. It leaves behind a dewy glow, and locks the moisture within your pores. It is infused with coconut water to keep your skin hydrated, without going overboard. It lasts all day, brightens your skin, goes on smoothly, and blends flawlessly.
7. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - $47.00 If you want a soft and lightweight formula, which doesn’t cake up but rather leaves behind a gorgeous silky satin finish with a subtle radiant glow, you need the NARS Sheer Glow! It's sheer-to-medium coverage, easily builds up for even more coverage. It improves your skin's brightness and texture, while protecting it from damaging free radicals.
This foundation is the holy grail for ALL skin types! If you have dry skin, fine lines, huge pores, redness, dark spots, acne scars, and uneven skin tone this full coverage formula is perfect for you. It has a super, creamy texture that glides on smoothly and covers any imperfections easily. It lasts all day and leaves your skin looking even-toned, moisturized, and with a soft, satin finish.
9. Tarte Double Duty Beauty Empowered Hybrid Gel Foundation - $39.00 This gel foundation is full coverage but leaves your skin looking perfect, natural, and radiant! This will feel like a cold drink of water for your skin! And it will hide even your most hard-to-cover imperfections WHILE still leaving your skin looking natural for 12-hours.
10. Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth Foundation - $7.99 This creamy smooth formula is the perfect match for dry skin and gives it a smooth, even coverage with a natural, dewy finish. The formula is amazingly light, and it will work wonders at moisturizing your dry skin and giving it a lovely, soft, radiant look.
And that's a wrap! Please keep in mind these aren't in any particular order! Let me know what your holy grail foundation is in the comments below. I really do hope this post helps all of you out with dry skin. I will definitely be doing posts like this for all of the skin types really soon! Have a great rest of your week!